- How We Collect and Use Your Personal Information
The Wyth Platform is a closed-loop platform available to affiliated Colleges and Universities. Verified students and faculty members with a .edu email address with the affiliated College or University may register through the Wyth Platform to receive carpool and/or rideshare services, to provide carpool and/or rideshare services, or both. In order to create an account to either provide or receive services through the use of the Wyth Platform, we need to collect certain information from you, including Personal Information. This section describes the types of information we collect and how we use it.
- Personal Information You Provide
We collect Personal Information that you provide to us through the Wyth Platform, website or when contacting customer support. We use such Personal Information for purposes relating to the reasons you provided it to us. For example, we collect your name, college, email address, phone number, personal photo, and other information to help find a suitable carpool and/or rideshare match. If you are a driver, you will provide us with information about your vehicle. If you make a payment through the Wyth Platform, we will process payment information through a third-party service provider. If you provide your email address to sign up to learn more about the Wyth Platform, we will use your email address to send you such information. If you provide your cellular number to sign up to learn more about the Wyth platform, we will use your cellular number to send you text messages with such information.
We also collect user-generated content, including, but not limited to, the information you provide when contacting customer support or information you provide for ratings or reviews about other users. User-generated content may also include photographs and other recordings (such as audio or video recordings) submitted by a user as part of a report to customer service. It may also include metadata and other cookies generated when you communicate with Wyth. When you contact customer support, calls may be recorded for quality assurance.
We may also use information we collect from you to improve or develop new products, services or websites; conduct research or analysis; comply with legal requirements; or other purposes.
- Information We Collect Automatically
Whenever you interact with the Wyth Platform, we automatically receive and record information from your browser or device. Information collected automatically may include your IP address, device ID, location data, the type of browser you are using to access the Wyth Platform, and the identity of the Wyth Platform page or feature you are requesting. We may use such information to analyze trends, administer the Wyth Platform, and gather broad demographic data for aggregate use.
We may use “cookies”or other tracking technologies (e.g., web beacons, single-pixel, or clear GIFs) to track how you use the Wyth Platform for analytics and security purposes. A cookie is a file stored on your computer or device to uniquely identify your device or to store information or settings on your device. To assist us with analyzing our website traffic through cookies and similar technologies, we use analytics services such as Google Analytics. For more information on Google Analytics’s processing of your information, please see “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ Services or apps.”
You may adjust your web browser or device settings if you do not wish to receive cookies or allow access to your device ID or device’s geolocation information, but this may prevent you from taking advantage of some of the Wyth Platform’s features.
- How We Disclose Personal Information
- Our Service Providers. We employ service providers to perform tasks on our behalf and to assist us in providing the Wyth Platform, such as credit card processing, marketing, scheduling, and web hosting. We take appropriate measures to help ensure that our service providers provide the same level of protection for your Personal Information as we do.
- Advertisers. We may use third-party service providers to provide us with advertising, conversion tracking, or similar services.
- Federal or State Public Health entities: We may access, use, preserve, transfer, and disclose to third parties your Personal Information to: (1) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, subpoena, governmental request, or legal process if, in our good faith opinion, such is required or permitted by law; or (2) for purposes of providing information in support of any contract tracing efforts of a city, county, state or national public health agency. We may take any of these steps without notice to you to the extent permitted by law.
- Other Users of the Wyth Platform: Drivers and riders that have been matched for a ride are able to see basic information about one another, such as name, vehicle type, QR codes for verification, as well as proposed and actual trip details such as trip origin and destination. As discussed below, trip details may also be shared with third parties by you or your driver or rider.
- Third Parties of Your Choosing: As enhancements to the Wyth Platform continue to be made, you may have the ability to share your trip details with selected third party persons of your choosing. This information may contain the driver name, origin, destination, date and estimated duration, along with a link to track the trip in real-time.
- Protection of Your Personal Information
We will take reasonable precautions to protect your Personal Information in our possession from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. We will make reasonable efforts to keep your Personal Information reliable for its intended use, accurate, current and complete. As necessary, we will take additional precautions regarding the security of particularly sensitive information, such as credit card information. While we strive to secure your Personal Information, we cannot warrant or guarantee that this information will be protected under all circumstances, including those beyond our reasonable control. In addition, your Personal Information may be accessed and viewed by other Internet users, without your knowledge and permission, while in transit to or from us.
- Correcting, Updating, Accessing, or Removing Personal Information
You are responsible for the accuracy of all Personal Information that you provide to us. We will use reasonable efforts to maintain the accuracy and integrity of your Personal Information, and to update that information as appropriate. Registered users may log into the Wyth Platform and correct or update certain Personal Information. In addition, you can request that we correct, update, or delete your Personal Information by emailing a request to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will promptly process such requests in accordance with applicable law.
In accordance with our routine record keeping and applicable law, we may delete certain records that contain your Personal Information. We are under no obligation to store such information indefinitely, and we disclaim any liability arising out of, or related to, the destruction of that information. In addition, you should be aware that it is not always possible to completely remove or delete all of your information from our databases without some residual data because of backups and other reasons.
- Third-Party Websites
The Wyth Platform includes links to other websites that we do not control. Even if an affiliation exists between Wyth and a third-party website, each of these linked websites maintains its own independent privacy and data collection policies, which we encourage you to consult.
- Users from Outside the United States
The Wyth Platform is intended for residents of the United States. If you are using the Wyth Platform from outside the United States, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States where our servers are located. The data protection and other laws of the United States and other countries might not be as comprehensive as those in your country. By using the Wyth Platform, you consent to your information being transferred to and processed in the United States.
- No Children or Minors
We do not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are under 18, please do not attempt to register for the Wyth Platform or send any Personal Information about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child under age 18, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that a child under 18 may have provided us Personal Information, please contact us at email@example.com.
- For Residents of California
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) allows consumers in California to opt-out of certain sharing of their data. Wyth does not sell your personal information or data. However, pursuant to the CCPA, there may be ways in which the Wyth Platform may share your data, as described herein, which may be considered a “sale.” Any resident of California who is a registered user on the Wyth Platform may opt out of the sharing of information. If you opt out, Wyth will stop sharing your information with some of its advertising affiliates, and you will no longer receive personalized promotional offers from the Wyth Platform. You may elect to opt out by visiting the Help section of the app ? Contact Us ? California Resident Opt Out.
Created October 22, 2021
Updated March 11, 2022